What Coming Up
- Fri, 07 OctUNSEEN CinemaOn Friday 7th October 2022, NCAI OFFSITE invites you to the premiere of Manthia Diawara’s film, A Letter from Yene, in partnership with Mubi and UNSEEN Nairobi The screening will be followed by an online conversation between Manthia Diawara and Renée Akitelek
- Sat, 01 OctNCAIThis Saturday, 1st October 2022 at 2PM, we will be hosting Kampala-based artist, Immy Mali for a talk about her practice, and the work that makes up Dear Marcue Love Immy (2019) currently on view at NCAI. Mali will be in conversation with Alexis Teyie, a Nairobi-based writer and editor.
- Sat, 30 JulNCAINCAI welcomes you to an open house with TURN2 curatorial residents Anguezomo Mba Bikoro and Kathy-Ann Tan.
- Mon, 11 JulCheche Book StoreKathy-Ann Tan will be facilitating the second reading group session at Cheche Bookshop where we will read two more chapters from bell hooks' Art on my Mind: Visual Politics (1995) - "Critical Genealogies: Writing Black Art" and "Talking Art with Carrie Mae Weems"
- Fri, 08 JulInstgram LiveNCAI is Excited to welcome you to join a conversation this afternoon with our curators in residence Kathy-Ann tan and Nathalie Anguezomo MBA Bikoro chat about their residency experience so far and plans for the remaining part of their residency.
- Tue, 05 JulNCAIJoin us Tuesday 5th July at NCAI for the first of two reading groups led by our TURN 2 curator-in-residence Kathy-Ann Tan.
- Sat, 02 JulNyumba CinemaTURN 2 curatorial residents at NCAI, Nathalie Anguezomo Mba Bikoro and Kathy-Ann Tan will begin their curatorial residency programming with an intimate film screening titled The Birth of Black Radical Traditions in Film: from the L.A. Rebellion to Kuxa Kanema, to be followed by a short Q& A
- Sat, 07 MayNCAIThis Saturday afternoon, 7th May, NCAI will host a vinyl dj’ing workshop with 8 participants facilitated by TURN2 resident artist Jumoke Adeyanju and Samthadigga.
- Sat, 19 FebNCAIhis Saturday, 19th February 2022, on the occasion of the retrospective I Hope So, Sane Wadu speaks to Yony Waite, in a conversation moderated by Gakunju Kaigwa.
- Tue, 07 SeptArtist PanelAs part of our online programming, and following from the Ledge Sculpture intervention at the Royal Academy of Arts, NCAI is excited to host a panel discussion with Wangechi Mutu, Magdalene Odundo DBE and Chelenge Van Rampelberg, moderated by Mukami Kuria.