top of page
What's Coming Up
- Tue, 13 JunVirtual EventSyowia Kyambi, Mareike Spaeth, and Eike Walkenhorst in a conversation around the different practical and theoretical considerations that go into co-creation and developing a deep understanding of artistic practices in various institutional contexts. Join the Conversation here: http://bit.ly/3IVG1yE
- Sat, 17 JunNairobi Contemporary Art InstitutePerformance by Syowia Kyambi
- Thu, 25 MayNairobiA clay workshop led by Peter Mungari on-site at his workshop.
- Tue, 23 MayNairobi Contemporary Art InstituteNCAI is excited to announce the hosting an information session on the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (Zeitz MOCAA) and University of the Western Cape (UWC) Museum Fellowship Programme, funded by the Mellon Foundation.
- Thu, 20 AprNairobiA conversation between Syowia Kyambi and Dr. Oketch Onyango
- Sat, 15 AprNairobiPerformance by Syowia Kyambi
- Sat, 08 AprNCAIWalk about of KASPALE, a solo exhibition by Syowia Kyambi, conducted by NCAI curator, Don Handa.
- Thu, 23 MarNCAI, Rosslyn Riviera Malla solo exhibition by Syowia Kyambi
- Sat, 18 FebNCAINCAI cordially invites you to a closing reception for the exhibition, Mwili, Akili Na Roho: 10 Figurative Painters from East Africa, and the official launch of NCAI’s first two publications. This program will include a talk with Ugandan artist and art historian, Prof. George Kyeyune.
- Thu, 26 JanNCAI Zoom WebinarThis conversation will delve into the necessity of archiving and documentation; the work of contextualisation and fostering discourse around the artists’ practices; and strategies for engaging with different markets and publics.
- Tue, 13 DecNCAI, Rosslyn Riviera Mall, NairobiNCAI is excited to host Adom Getachew, an assistant Professor of Political Science at the university of Chicago, as she leads us through a conversation on Garveyism and the practice of Pan-Africanism
- Thu, 27 OctNCAI, Rosslyn Riviera Mall, NairobiJoin us for the opening of the exhibition Mwili, Akili na Roho: 10 Figurative Painter from East Afrcia. Thursday October 27 2022 from 6pm to 8pm at NCAI.
- Fri, 07 OctUNSEEN CinemaOn Friday 7th October 2022, NCAI OFFSITE invites you to the premiere of Manthia Diawara’s film, A Letter from Yene, in partnership with Mubi and UNSEEN Nairobi The screening will be followed by an online conversation between Manthia Diawara and Renée Akitelek
- Sat, 01 OctNCAIThis Saturday, 1st October 2022 at 2PM, we will be hosting Kampala-based artist, Immy Mali for a talk about her practice, and the work that makes up Dear Marcue Love Immy (2019) currently on view at NCAI. Mali will be in conversation with Alexis Teyie, a Nairobi-based writer and editor.
- Sat, 24 SeptNCAI, Rosslyn Rivera MallThis Saturday, 24 September, join us for a walkabout with Sudanese artist Eltayeb Dawelbait of his current exhibition at NCAI
- Sat, 30 JulNCAINCAI welcomes you to an open house with TURN2 curatorial residents Anguezomo Mba Bikoro and Kathy-Ann Tan.
- Tue, 26 JulUNSEEN CinemaJoin TURN 2 curators-in-residence Anguezomo Mba Bikoro and Kathy-Ann Tan, for a screening and discussion of the biopic 'I Am Not Your Negro', directed by Raoul Peck
bottom of page