top of page
- Fri, 06 OctVirtual EventConversation: Peterson Kamwathi, Henri Dono, Doris Salcedo, Jonathan Powell moderated by Micahel Armitage06 Oct, 15:00 – 16:30Virtual EventJoin Heri Dono, Peterson Kamwathi, and Doris Salcedo in a dialogue with Jonathan Powell on ‘War’, a conversation about conflict, art and the challenges of working in times of civil unrest. This conversation will be moderated by Michael Armitage.
- Thu, 07 SeptOnline Talk07 Sept, 15:00 – 16:30Online TalkIn this conversation, Tabu Osusa, Dr Priscilla Gitonga, and Wairimū Nduba speak about the transformations that have taken place in Kenya's music as the country has moved through different political periods.
- Tue, 13 JunVirtual Event13 Jun, 19:00 – 21:00 EATVirtual EventSyowia Kyambi, Mareike Spaeth, and Eike Walkenhorst in a conversation around the different practical and theoretical considerations that go into co-creation and developing a deep understanding of artistic practices in various institutional contexts.
- Tue, 23 MayNairobi Contemporary Art Institute23 May, 14:00 – 16:00Nairobi Contemporary Art Institute, Rosslyn Riviera Mall, Nairobi, KenyaNCAI is excited to announce the hosting an information session on the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (Zeitz MOCAA) and University of the Western Cape (UWC) Museum Fellowship Programme, funded by the Mellon Foundation.
- Thu, 20 AprNairobi20 Apr, 14:00 – 16:00Nairobi, Rosslyn Riviera Mall, Nairobi, KenyaA conversation between Syowia Kyambi and Dr. Oketch Onyango
- Sat, 18 FebNCAI18 Feb, 14:00NCAI, Rosslyn Riviera Mall, Nairobi, KenyaNCAI cordially invites you to a closing reception for the exhibition, Mwili, Akili Na Roho: 10 Figurative Painters from East Africa, and the official launch of NCAI’s first two publications. This program will include a talk with Ugandan artist and art historian, Prof. George Kyeyune.
- Thu, 26 JanNCAI Zoom Webinar26 Jan, 15:30 EATNCAI Zoom WebinarThis conversation will delve into the necessity of archiving and documentation; the work of contextualisation and fostering discourse around the artists’ practices; and strategies for engaging with different markets and publics.
bottom of page